About the Position:
The Intern works with Global Health Strategies staff and principals to assist in the development, deployment and logistics of communications and advocacy strategies for various projects, nonprofits, public-private partnerships, and private sector clients involved in issues in global health. In addition to basic media/communications skills, the intern should have experience or knowledge of global health issues.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to team and projects.
- Work closely with project manager to assist in the implementation of advocacy projects, including day-to-day project coordination and correspondence with project partners.
- Responsible for media scans and coordinating press clipping services for projects and client.
- Draft press releases, fact sheets, Q&A documents, and advocacy materials.
- Conduct internet and policy research for clients and projects.
- Update and maintain media and projects contacts.
- Help organize and plan events, including press conferences and educational forums
Individual should be well-organized and able to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner. Individual should be a self-starter who is intelligent, reliable and has a good sense of humor. In addition, the intern should meet the following qualifications:
- Graduate in any discipline
- Diploma in any field, preferably Communications, Political Science, Economics and English
- Skilled researcher, writer and editor; able to turn around documents rapidly
- Knowledge of global health
- Ability to work in fast-paced, demanding environment
- Work well as both a team member and independently
- Flexible, able to multitask
- Strong sense of professional and personal ethics
- Open-minded, willing to continue learning
- Positive, energetic attitude; enthusiastic
- Rigorous thinker
- Good political skills/sound judgment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Time requirement: Full-time. 5 days a week.
Duration: Three months, with an opportunity for extension.
Compensation: Varies with experience
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “INTERNSHIP” in the subject line and include a resume, cover letter and short writing sample (less than 2 pages). Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Due to the high volume of expected applicants, only those meeting GHS requirements will be contacted. Please note that no telephone or email inquiries will be entertained.
GHS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.